Friday, December 19, 2008

Semester Overview

So, the semester was a lot of fun. Like most people, drawing out the skeleton wasnt my cup of tea, but I think it really paid off and its something that I will reference often from here on out. The building up of the skeleton was very important to me, as I was a lot more confident drawing out the full sized version after having studied each of the parts thoroughly.

If you look on my semesters final post, I added one of the leg bones I had done pretty early in the semester. Taking that and comparing it to the final skeleton, you can have a pretty good visual of how one was a direct reference of the other, and how the final was built up through studies.

This has all helped me immensely in drawing figures. Areas that are particularly noticeably better are areas of the figure in which the skeleton is more visible, such as the shoulders and the elbow and knee joints. However, it has also helped me grasp the more abstract areas of the figure, where bones are covered in layers of skin and muscle, giving even these areas a sense of structure.

Overall a great experience, and something I will be happy to show off in the future.

No comments: